“The talent most lacking in corporate America is the ability to effectively manage conflict in the workplace.”
Conflict Resolution Skills
Unfortunately no one taught us how to deal with conflict productively at school. We all learn destructive behaviors that escalate or prolong conflict-unnecessarily.
If you want to review your approach to conflict, discover and practice simple behaviors to resolve conflicts while keeping the harmful effects of conflict to a minimum, then this training may be for you.
The focus of this training is on interpersonal conflict resolution skills. You will develop your ability to:
- Recognize the attack-defense dynamic.
- Make informed choices about how to respond (not react).
- Deal with anger in conflict situations.
- Negotiate a resolution that meets all parties’ needs.
Topics covered include:
- Definition of conflict
- Conflict Handling Styles
- Conflict Escalation and De-escalation
- Choosing the right time and place
- Steps to conflict resolution