“You can’t always get what you want;
You can’t always get what you want;
But, if you try sometimes,
You just might find,
You get what you need.”
Mick Jagger and Keith Richard
Negotiation Skills Training
We all use counterproductive negotiation tactics from time to time. Sometimes it doesn’t matter.
But most of the time counterproductive negotiation tactics lead to a stalemate or deliver lopsided agreements that won’t stand the test of time.
- Can we negotiate without destroying the relationship?
- Can we negotiate so that our needs are met?
- Can we negotiate so that our deals last?
Yes! In this one-day workshop you will learn and practice the skills of effective negotiators. As a result you will be able:
- to make better deals that satisfy your needs,
- build relationships, and probably most importantly,
- reach durable agreements that don’t unravel over time.
Topics covered include:
- Negotiation Styles
- Issues, Interests and Positions
- Preparing For Negotiation
- Cognitive negotiation traps
- Hard Ball or Dirty Tactics used in negotiations
- The role of power in negotiations
- Tactics to deal with impasse
- Elements of a durable agreement